Saturday 1 March 2014

Accomodation

When we arrived, our coordinator has shown us the University College and got the keys to our rooms. As it turned out - Agata and I got to two different dormitories. I was really surprised and at first we thought that it was to separate us in terms of language, but later on both of us got another Polish flatmate. Nevertheless, it has a good impact on our relation when we spend some time apart and we are still in adjoining buildings.

As far as dormitories are concerned - mine is really great. When Elin has shown me my room I felt there like home - there was everything I needed. In Szczecin I used to rent a flat, because dormitories are not in especially good condition. Here are over a dozen buildings, each of them can house 8 people - four per each floor. Moreover, there are several dorms for students with kids or whole families. I share my flat with one Norwegian girl from local high school and one Polish girl who studies Russian at the same department as me, but we didn't know each other before. This place is really nice and outside my window I can see beautiful fjord and snowy mountains. It's the best window view I have ever had. Compared to prices of dormitories in Poland, this one is quite expensive - I pay ca. 2600 NOK per month, that is approximately 1300 PLN. Anyway, I got scholarship, so I can cover costs of the maintenance and food.






My dormitory - Hus 24 B  :)


Our living room


Kitchen


Hall. There is a bathroom on both sides, between two rooms.


View in the morning of our arrival. My favourite one ;)


Just in the back of my dorm ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment