Friday 14 March 2014

Nesna University College


Actually, the first place we have seen there, was our school. So now is high time to show you what does Nesna University College look like. ;)



"University in Nesna"


Library. Here you can use the Internet, print for free, borrow books, newspapers, movies and... music albums! 




The oldest student - Mr Skeleton ;)




The very first thing I saw when I just entered the building in the day of my arrival. Goose. Or actually two geese, hanged below ceiling. I have no idea what do they mean, but seeing these strange animals above your head is quite odd.





An ecological monster




Yes, we have a piano in the hall. What a pity I can't play!


Seriously, I can't.


But it's always nice to have one. ;)


Canteen


One of my favourite places. You can always buy some delicious food, that is not especially expensive. Lunch break lasts for 45 minutes, and you should be prepared that during this time almost nobody is available. It's funny, when at 11.30 the whole university becomes empty, just because people are having lunch. ;]


The old building of University.



Ok, outside college on the wall there are some unusual sculptures, but...


Can anybody explain me what is this? I mean, ok, a baby. But I have no idea (and anybody I asked had) why did they put a naked infant with a face contorted with pain on the wall of college. 



Front of University



The College was established in 1918 as a Teacher's College and reorganized in 1994. University College consists of two faculties - Faculty of Culture and Society and Faculty of Education and Nursing. Each of them is divided into a set of departments as:  Drama, English, Norwegian, Arts and Handicrafts, Religion and Philosophy, Music, Mathematics, the Natural Sciences, Social Science and Teacher Education, Sports, Information, and Nursing. Currently University has around 1200 students but some of them study in other towns e.g. Mo i Rana or Sandnessjøen in satellite campuses. At first, I thought that studying outside university must be really difficult, but now I know that it doesn't have to be like this. On the university page there is a tab - Moodle page - when you register there and assign to your course, you will get all materials to certain subjects, schedule, all necessary info concerning the course with forum for discussions. That's where you're uploading your papers, homeworks etc. Teachers are usually checking if have you visited this page or not, so... be vigilant! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment