Sunday 2 March 2014

Onøy & Lurøy

At the beginning of February, our coordinator invited us to her place - Onøy - an island on the northern - west of Nesna. Onøy is connected by bridge with another island - Lurøy. To get there, we took an express boat from Nesna. In less than half an hour we were on the spot.






From the port picked us up Elin with her friend, who is a taxi driver. They shown us the two islands, and then we went to Elin's house to have some tea. It was very kind of her - I can't imagine our teachers inviting us to their houses. It's rather unpopular to spend your free time with students, when you're a teacher, so we really appreciate it. Then we could chose if we want to go fishing or stay on the island. It was quite obvious for me to stay - I'm a kind of landlubber and  I don't feel comfortable on the sea. Instead of catching a fish, I went for a walk and took some pictures.













At the beginning of out tour we weren't alone. I was pleasantly surprised when Elin said that she has a Norwegian Forest Cat. They are really big and furry. I always wanted to see one of them. So you can imagine my happiness, when we just left her house and... fluffy guide has accompanied us. Needless to say, what was the main attraction of our trip...









 Our guide : )



By Tereza. I swear, I didn't kill him!

Yes, we took hundreds of pictures of this cat. He's pretty awesome. As it turned out - guys have caught some fish. It was our first and really good trip. We had been coming back during sunset, so I overcame my fear of rolling boat and I went on the board to take some pictures. Even though I was scared - it was worth to see beautiful seascapes.








But it wasn't end of this day! In the evening we met again and ate dinner together. Everyone prepared a meal, so we had a real feast. :)





Then we played a game - each of us got a flashcard with a name of popular person and we had to guess who we are. We were able to answer only 'yes' and 'no' for asked question, so it was quite difficult, even if I got Arnold Schwarzenegger. :)

1 comment: