Monday 24 February 2014

Exchange


One day I received an email with information about meeting concerning an exchange with Norway. I wanted to visit Scandinavia since I remember, so I couldn't miss such an opportunity. Even though I didn't believe that I had any chance - I would regret that I didn't even try. I went there. I haven't paid much attention to all enumerated advantages of such exchange – I wanted to go, even if there weren't any. I've made a list of all necessary documents and their deadlines, afterwards - I delivered it to the office in a couple of days. Then I could only wait for decission.

13th December, Italy. It was beautiful sunny morning, when my phone rang. A woman calling from unknown number said that I got to the exchange, but this day is a deadline for another pile of documents. I have explained that I am abroad, I couldn't even check my email and promised that next day I'll be back and bring all necessary documents. Of course I hadn't any idea what will it be.

Since I came back to Poland, everything happened very quickly. It has been a lot of paperwork, I was tired and I really started to think about giving up. Then came Christmas time and I could take a proper rest, without thinking about all these formalities waiting for me. After New Year I focused on writing my papers, bringing rest of documents and setting a date with teachers when I could get the grade. My last week at the university was the craziest time ever. During this time I slept about three - four hours per night, ate in a hurry and had to pass around 3 subjects each day. When I came back I had to cram for another exams, which normally I should take in a three weeks time. Another difficulty I have encountered was collecting signatures and grades to my index book. Some of my teachers were available only in one hour a day, especially when I took another exam or was meeting with other lecturer in another building. Fortunately, there was a group of friends and classmates who were supporting me all the time. Without their help I guess I could fail half of my exams ;) Satisfaction and relief after finishing this race with time and tiredness were indescribable.  

Now, again everything happened really quickly. I signed the agreement, moved out from Szczecin, met with friends and said goodbye, bought all stuff that I could need in next four months, packed luggage and... went to the airport.  

The whole travel from Szczecin-GoleniĆ³w took about 24 hours. First – a flight to Oslo Torp, then by train to Oslo, from Oslo another train to Trondheim, from Trondheim to Mo i Rana. From Mo i Rana we took bus to Nesna, where we arrived around 8 a.m., 29th Jan 2014.

Exhausted but happy, we met our coordinator, Elin. :)











No comments:

Post a Comment