Thursday 19 June 2014

Coming back

Well, honestly... it was over a month ago. You know - laziness at home distracts you more than any lack of time. Anyway, I promised myself I WILL write this post, so I do. Let's say that it's better late than never. ;)

First of all, a somehow special song. It's by famous Norwegian musician - Jan Garbarek. Does his name sound Polish to you? His father was a Polish emigrant, and his mother was a Norwegian. Nevertheless, Jan says that he doesn't feel to be a Pole at all. I didn't know him before Claude has shown us some Norwegian bands and artists. Polish name grabbed my attention. Garbarek is called "a father of Scandinavian jazz". Well, I don't like jazz music at all, but here is the exception - I found one song I really liked and I've been listening it in Nesna, before I left. So here is "In Praise of Dreams" - it become an inspiration to my current title of the blog. I hope you like it! :)



To sum up, I have to admit (not for the first time) that I really enjoyed being in Norway and someday I'd like to go visit it once again. During these four months I think I've learned something about this country and actually - I could live there ;) I have seen even more than I've been expecting, and the whole exhange was awesome. Nevertheless, it was the time to go back. This time the travel didn't take long, because we went by train to Oslo Torp Airport, which is about two hours from Oslo; then standard briefing and flight to Szczecin. It was nice to be home again. I missed delicious Polish cuisine! :) 


Our bags at the station in Mo i Rana


How about blog? Well, I created this account, because I had to do it for my ICT course. I don't need it anymore. But as you can see - I didn't write about ICT itself - the great majority of my posts were about the exchange. Well, I have already came back, so I don't need it as well. I have no idea if something relevant will happen or if there will be anyone willing to read about it, but...
I decided to continue writing it. I liked it, because finally, I could use my photos (i.e. that many of them) describe them - even for myself as a token of remembrance of nice places and great events; and come back to it after a while. I think next posts (if any) will be in Polish. There is no point in writing in English any longer, because the great majority of my current readers are Poles and some of them don't speak English, so now there will be something especially for them. Anyway - we'll see. Thank you for being here! ;)

Warmly,

Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment